The Usual Holiday Dress


Without realizing, I've started a new holiday tradition. Every Christmas we have spent in this house (this year makes three), I have put on the same red dress to celebrate the season. Now, I have about a half dozen festive red dresses, yet I continue to choose this one- it must just scream Christmas to me. It certainly feels festive with its built in crinoline and swishing fabric!
(same dress: 2011, 2012)
 

 This year I wore the dress to a movie on Christmas night. Running late, as usual, I managed only to snap a few photographs when we returned home in the wee hours of the 26th, but since I'm in love with Instagram, I snapped this close up of the outfit before putting it on.

I took advantage of the brisk weather to pull out a fur coat, something I rarely do here. I was quite out of place at the theater in my bee coat, hat, heels and seamed stockings (though I would have been out of place in anything except sweats) but it felt great to dress up and the coat was ever so cozy to wrap up in in the chilly theater.

We saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, which is very, very loosely based (nearly in title alone) on the 1939 short story by the same name. My beau and I both enjoyed the film which had a sweet carpe diem sort of message, breathtaking scenery and cinematography, a bit of adventure, and a lovely little love story. 
It was the perfect way to top off our simple Christmas at home, just the two of us.

Hoping you had a simply wonderful holiday as well and that, like me, you are looking forward to the new year. 


So until 2014,
Happy Sailing!
x

Popular Posts