Azalea Tourist


This weekend was the Azalea Festival in Wilmington so we spent some time downtown taking in the festivities. At first we traveled the crowded streets but made a point to wander off the beaten path and on to the shady streets lined with lovely old houses. For our day out I wore this dress and sweater of Mrs. Bolton's, I thought the pink would look nice with the azaleas.


Ever since I visited the city of Savannah, Georgia, in 2009, I have been absolutely enchanted with Spanish moss. I never imagined that I'd live in a place that, like Savannah, is absolutely dripping with moss and historic southern charm.


 
 

 
Sometimes it is nice to play the part of the tourist, even in a town you're already acquainted with. Spring, when the world is in bloom, is the perfect time to slow down, to appreciate, and to stand in the street with a camera gawking at pretty houses :) 
 
 
 
x
Happy Sailing

Popular Posts