Mrs. Bolton Rings in 2013

      It's times like these when my mind wanders to Mrs. Bolton. I think of her, in her later years, rambling around that old house, piling carpets on top of carpets and newspaper on top of that. Living on the first floor because the stairs had become too much. I have to wonder if she ever thought about all those treasures upstairs, all those fine clothes piled on the bed in the western bedroom or if she ever anticipated that those clothes would do anything more than crumble away with the rest of the house. Sometimes I wish I could have saved it all.

- - -

      Last night, Mrs. Bolton got to see a new year as I celebrated the beginning of 2013 in her fabulous brown and gold dress and black jacket.
Sam Fisher: photobomber extraordinaire 


I feel especially close to Mrs. Bolton in this outfit as it still smells like her (and not in a good way). 
Try as I (and many dry cleaners) might, I cannot get the smell out of this dress, but apparently, according to my beau, I perfume and powder myself to extent that she is not noticeable to anyone but me. Ah well, beggars can't be choosers and, as always, I am ever so grateful for all that I was able to salvage from Mrs. Bolton's house.

- - -

I've worn this dress before, a few years ago, and thought that a pair of gold shoes would look amazing with it. At the time, I couldn't find any gold shoes that struck my fancy, but this year, for the Marine Corps ball, I found myself a lovely pair of glittery, gold, t-strap pumps. If I was a better photographer, I'd have captured my footwear in the photos above, but I'm not and I didn't, so behold:

In case you're curious, or want a pair of sparkly shoes for yourself,
these are "Cabaret" from Pleaser's line of Bordello shoes.
     


We spent our New Year's Eve at a local (ehem, dive) watering hole, and had a very nice time.

I'm so excited to see what 2013 has in store for us, 
I just wish Mrs. Bolton had left behind a wedding dress for me :)



Happy 2013!



Popular Posts