Patriotic Polish

I'm pretty terrible at nail painting. In fact, my mother and I have a running joke that I get more polish on my skin than on my nails and, judging by the picture below, this still holds true.
Despite my sloppiness, I still really enjoy painting my nails.



As I've mentioned before, I was a "red polish only" kind of gal until about a year ago- when I started buying every color that struck my fancy.
Recently, I picked up China Glaze's "For Audrey" polish which is a dead ringer for Tiffany & Co. blue (and it is about as close to anything Tiffany as my grubby fingers will ever come).

I absolutely love this color, it's on my toes right now and has been on my fingers since I bought it a month ago.


In honor of Independence Day, and my love of the teal and red combo, I employed my trusty red ("Rapid Red") and my new love, "For Audrey," to create a (semi) patriotic half-moon manicure.







Messy as always and perhaps smaller moons next time, but such a great way to incorporate a couple colors into your manicure- perfect for us indecisive gals!






Learn from my mistakes!

Here are a few half-moon manicure tips:

-Be sure your base color is completely dry before attaching the sticker. If the paint is still tacky, the sticker will take the paint with it when removed. I usually clear coat between colors.

- For a sharp line, take the sticker off ASAP after painting the top color.

(I neglected to do this on my middle finger above)

-If you are applying a clear coat on top of both colors, beware of colors being dragged with your brush- even if your polish has fully cured!






If you're reading this from the U.S., have a happy 4th of July!

Popular Posts