Gingham & Glasses


For some reason, I hardly ever wear this dress. 
Yesterday I came across it in the closet and thought I'd wear it to the beach for a little shell collecting and metal detecting. 

The light was just perfect on this rose snail shell.


I bought this dress a couple years ago, at the Batavia Antique Show & Sale, for probably more than I should have spent on something I've only worn twice.  

people leave such lovely things on the beach

This black bird was determined to be in my photographs


It was a beautiful evening at the beach; 
Temperatures have been so glorious and fall-like lately (and by fall-like I mean 85 degrees). 




Out of laziness, I've been wearing my glasses a lot lately; 
They are rather unbecoming, eh? They make me feel like an old lady.

 
I decided to add some teal accessories to the outfit which lead me to the conclusion that I need a pair of teal shoes



I can see why I bought the dress, who can resist gingham and tons of ric-rac? 
It even has its original belt made from the same pink gingham as the dress!



Sometimes I wish I lived on the West coast where I could watch the sun sink into the water, but we have nice sunsets too and even better sunrises. I am so thankful that I get to live by the sea. 

The dress still had its original textile manufacturer tag and store tag. 
Hard to believe I am the first to remove these tags and thus, likely the first to wear this dress. 
Apparently no one wanted this dress originally, look how much it was marked down! 



Not sure what our plans are for the long weekend but I'm sure it will involve some more time spent at the beach. 


Whatever you are up to this weekend, have a great time.

Popular Posts