I finally got to wear.....

Back when I had money to burn, I was terrible about what I bought. If it was vintage, it fit me and it was a semi-reasonable price, I bought it. Needless to say this habit has resulted in a number of fabulous frocks that just hang in the closet- many too fancy for everyday wear but far to pretty to part with. 

One such frock finally got some wear at my cousins wedding on Saturday and luckily a few folks snapped some photographs so I could show you! 

(Ignore the hair, I neglected to give myself enough time to do it!)

Here I am decorating the carriage that transported the bride and groom from the ceremony to the reception.


This dress is just so darling! And the fabric has such a lovely shimmer to it.
 Here's a close up of the fabric, isn't the pattern interesting?


Here's a better view of the dress (and me doing the chicken dance with my little cousin)
I generally prefer a higher waistline but this drop waist was really sweet on this dress. 
I also think the dress would have looked better with a crinoline under it but I wanted to keep my outfit simple out of respect for the bride. 

It's hard to tell, but there is a darling bow at the back of the dress. 
This dress also gave me an opportunity to use the shoes and clutch I bought for the Marine Corps ball
It always makes me feel better about an outfit when I can accessorize with items I already have instead of having to run out and buy something. 


My beau and I had a really wonderful time at the wedding and we are looking forward to another wedding later this month- this time we travel to Denver, Colorado! I am especially looking forward to another occasion to wear a wonderful dress that has just been hanging in the closet.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!! 

Popular Posts