Explanation and Inspiration

       Lately, I've been quite disconnected from the blogging world and for that I apologize, I've really missed reading everyone's blogs!
What have I been up to? Well, I've been a bit preoccupied with the real world because I've been taking a 30 hour effective teaching course to certify me work in local schools. Last night I completed the course and today I am able to breathe a sigh of relief. It's not that the course was incredibly time consuming, in fact it was more like an inconvenience, an interruption in my regular schedule but hopefully, fingers crossed, it leads to a job.
      Now that the course is over I can focus more on things that I can enjoy (the blogosphere, my projects) and on packing up this house and moving into another, all of which I am very excited about. (I can't wait to blog about the house, I have so many decorating ideas!)

During my little vacation from the blog, I got inspired. Lately I've been totally loving romantic, Victorian/Classical hairstyles, which works great with my non-set hair. As you may remember from several posts ago, I cut some bangs, which I'm already sick of, and decided to stop setting my hair.

Aren't these ladies lovely?
My ideal hairstyle is something along the lines of Helena's (top left)- think a Jane Austen character gone wrong.

I'm also in love with hair baubles and bands lately (see my Swoon post) and Etsy is just full of lovely things to wear in your hair.
From Rattamatatt


From Owllamode
From DawnWillBreak
Now that I have some more free time on my hands, I'm planning on whipping up a few hairpieces of my own. 

And just in case you're curious as to what the products of my inspiration look like, hopefully I'll have some pictures to show soon!! 

Stay tuned and as always, thanks for reading!

Popular Posts