Recipe: Molasses Cookies


I thought for sure I'd posted this recipe already but looking through the archive it seems I haven't, so here we are, the best molasses cookies....ever.
These cookies are amazing and this recipe turns out perfect every time. Soft, chewy and spicy, these cookies are always a hit and disappear faster than any cookie I make. 

The recipe is very simple:

 Ingredients
3/4 cup margarine or butter, melted 
1 cup white sugar
1 egg

1/4 cup molasses
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
(I like to add a whole tsp of ginger for a spicier cookie)

2 cups all purpose flour


Directions:
Cream together melted butter/margarine, sugar and egg until smooth.
Add molasses. 

Combine dry ingredients and mix thoroughly into molasses mixture.
Cover and chill for one hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
Roll dough into walnut sized balls and roll them in sugar. 

Bake for 8-10 minutes. 
Cool on wire racks.

Popular Posts