Happy Birthday Classic Television

            I've always been a fan of old tv shows, Bewitched is one of my favorites as is the Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy but really I'll watch anything old, classic television never fails to entertain.
           On my way through the rainy and foggy hills of Pennsylvania I managed to listen to a little gem of a radio broadcast about classic TV brought to me by my dear NPR. It seems that, according to TV critic David Bianculli, we are neglecting our television heritage and we frequently fail to take note of classic shows as they enter their golden years. Such television shows as My Three Sons, The Andy Griffith Show, and The Flintstones have recently celebrated golden milestones with little note, hardly the recognition they deserve. Bianculli explains that "there's a value to old shows......they provide a snapshot of what we were, what we accepted and what, in some cases, we aspired to become" and really how can we appreciate how far where we've come when we have no idea where we've started from? Check out Bianculli's piece for yourself.




And in honor of the shows that were forgotten, Happy Birthday. 



Watch the first episode: "Chip Off The Old Block" (1960)




Season 1, episode 1: "The New Housekeeper"


From 1960:
Season One, Episode One: "The Flintstone Flyer"




60th birthdays:


Episode 1 (1950)










Season One, Episode One:

Popular Posts