Earworm: The Big Rock Candy Mountains



This one's a classic and constantly getting stuck in my head, and how could it not? With a catchy tune and vivid lyrics, this one is bound become an earworm to any listener. I guess the best part of this song, for me, is what it represents and the period in which it was written. This classic hobo ballad dates from the 1920's and the version featured in the video is performed by Vernon Dalhart and company. I especially enjoy the whistling and banjo playing in this version, gives the song an even more nostalgic feeling.

This video is amazing, I love the attention that is paid to the operation of the beautiful phonograph.


For best viewing, stop my paper moon player at the bottom of this page or simply go to youtube! (sorry for the inconvenience)




Popular Posts