Bathing Beauties

Lately, I've been dreaming of the beach. Warm sand, crashing waves and a salty breeze..... sounds so inviting on this 50 degree day in Western New York. Until I can get to the beach these vintage photographs will have to do. Enjoy!







Always a question of mine, what did women do with their hair at the beach? I am glad to see that most are wearing their hair in a natural, not so set manner, or have chosen to cover it. 



Photographs from the Charles Cushman photograph collection.





One of my favorite photographs ever. I love the natural windblown hair, pale skin and roll in the stomach.  Her smile makes it all work.

Miss Monroe's beach photographs are some of my favorite. So relaxed and so normal, she looks just like the ladies from the Cushman collection above. 

Popular Posts