Sunday Snood and Easter Tradition

Today my family and I carried out the usual Easter tradition, a trip to the historic Broadway Market in Buffalo, NY. The Broadway Market is like no other place I have ever been. Full of Easter and Polish goods: butter lambs, chocolate creatures, pierogi, pussy willows, the market is saturated with over a century of history and local culture. 
Butter Lambs from the Market's Facebook

Pressed for time this morning and moving a little slow due to an exceptionally good Saturday night, I reached for my newest purchase, my snood. Made by the lovely CherryRed at Arthelia's Attic, this snood was a glamorous solution to my bad hair day. After washing my hair and sitting under the dryer for a bit, I set the front of my hair and tucked the rest of it into the snood. 

Today's outfit was simple, monochromatic and not in anyway vintage. I wore a black rayon pleated skirt, a button up blouse with rhinestone buttons, black and grey striped tights and my favorite little black tap shoe inspired heels. While the all black may seem drab, I wore a 50s coral jacket and my favorite pink silk scarf to brighten things up. The jacket and scarf matched the cheery and festive mood at the market. 

For lunch we stopped at the Lake Effect Diner, an authentic 50s diner that was rescued from demolition in Pennsylvania and relocated to Buffalo where it still operates as a diner. It was a popular place on a Sunday but the food and the swell atmosphere was well worth the wait. We don't have too many of these gems in these parts, it is nice to see a place like this packed with people.

Our last stop was at Burchfield Penny Art Center where we witnessed the amazing artwork of Charles Burchfield. I must say it is rare that I am this moved and inspired by paintings. I think I must find some Burchfield paintings for the apartment and I also think I need to start painting again.


All in all, it was a wonderful Sunday. 

Popular Posts