Recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Though I am not a very good baker or cook, I love to play in the kitchen. I have decided to add a "recipe" section to my blog so that I may keep track of my favorite recipes and share them with others who dabble in the culinary arts.

These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are wonderful this time of year. Moist and cake-like with a hint of pumpkin and spice, these cookies are sure to disappear from any platter.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (french vanilla flavored extract adds an extra punch to any recipe)
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
  • -I add a touch of pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and ginger to this recipe too, get creative!-
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chips (I personally prefer Hershey's chips, yum)
Directions:
In a (very) large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. 
Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
 Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
 Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. 
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. 
Remove to wire racks to cool.
Place on your favorite vintage platter and enjoy!

These cookies are truly wonderful and this recipe has plenty of room to get creative. 
Next time I make a batch I think I will try adding dried cranberries and using dark chocolate chips.


Popular Posts