Finds: Petrune, Ithaca, NY


Made a quick stop in Ithaca, New York on the way back from a business related trip and discovered Petrune. Petrune is a vintage lovers dream filled with fantastic and well cared for clothes from the 1920's to the 1970's. The prices are relatively reasonable especially considering the immaculate condition of the clothing they sell.

My first find was this wonderful red dress from the 1950's. This dress is so adorable with the polka dot underskirt and the flattering neckline

The underskirt on this dress is wild, the fabric is so stiff the dress can practically stand on its own. The underskirt, along with the bust darts, certainly give this dress an ideal '50's silhouette.

While red is really not my color, being a redhead and all, this dress is in perfect condition and I couldn't resist!


My next find was an after thought. Standing at the checkout it caught my attention and I added it to my collection of great stuff heaped on the counter.
I think the dress is 1950's/60's and as the tag boasts, is all silk. The dress has the original belt, an important feature, and has a keyhole shaped opening at the neckline. Such a cute little dress for summer. The question now is what shoes to wear with this little number?

This dress is a bit of a tragedy. I found this in the sale bin and its place there is understood as its condition is pretty poor. Once a very beautiful dress, it is now torn and tattered. The dress has a dramatic neckline and the bodice is covered in fine black lace, complimented by a black ribbon just below the bust. The dress is very long and very glamorous. I hope that I can find good use for this gown, perhaps I can repair it to a wearable state or perhaps I will just put it on my dress form as decoration.

One of my most exciting finds was 3 pairs of seamed stockings at a very good price as well as a lightweight crinoline. Always wonderful to find such practical items especially since I am always running my stockings!

I am so excited that I stopped at this store. It is great to know that if I am ever in need of a glamorous vintage evening gown or if I just feel like spicing up my wardrobe, Petrune is there. The store itself is beautiful, well decorated and well organized, the staff is sweet and the clothes are amazing. Well worth the drive.

Popular Posts