Pink Passion on a Beautiful Day!

Today was an exceptionally beautifully day here in Western New York, we hit a high of 85 degrees which is amazing for the month of April. I admit I am not prepared for this weather as most of my summer clothes are still at my parents house, so I had to make due with what I have here in my closet. I wore the same strapped trousers that are featured in this post
but paired them this time with a pair of espadrilles and a different pink top. 
It was quite windy today so I put my hair up, something I rarely do. With a little work this could be the hairstyle of the summer.

Today's top is another from Mrs. Bolton and judging by the label I am going to assume the top is from the 1950's. It is my understanding that during the 60's clothing manufactures had to start listing the material content of each garment in percentages which this tag lacks. Also, beneath my fingernail in the photograph of the label is the word nylon which ensures me that this blouse was likely made after 1947 so the garment is likely from the period between 1947 and 1960. The top is absolutely darling, delicate and pink with lace trim and clear plastic buttons. The blouse is not in mint condition as it appears that moths had gotten to it while sat in Mrs. Boltons house for fifty some years. The small bit of moth damage is relatively unnoticeable and unrepairable as well.
I attempted to wear heels with the trousers but found them much too hot for today's balmy conditions, so I opted for these cheap espadrilles I picked up a few summers ago. I am not a big fan of espadrilles but I love anything with a peep toe!

Popular Posts